Trace Basement Systems Health & Safety Information:
Trace takes pride in its long history of complying with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and ensuring its policies and processes manage risk on behalf of its employees, clients, other contractors and the general public.
The Company Mission Statement and Policies were created achieve this and are subjected to periodic review to ensure they continue to drive improvement.
Trace Basement Systems will continue to provide a first class service, renovating, restoring and damp proofing buildings and basements or below ground structures. Our prime concern is the satisfaction of our customers and to achieve this we will promote:
Quality and Excellence
We will offer our clients a consistently high quality of service using the latest techniques to provide long term satisfaction.
We will promote the concept of full participation between ourselves, our clients and others who may be affected by our work.
Quality of Life
We will endeavour to ensure that society is protected by using environmentally friendly techniques and substances wherever possible.
Health and Safety
We will endeavour to be a caring and responsible employer to ensure the safety and health of our employees and others who may be affected by the work we do or fail to do.
We will encourage the training and development of our employees to encourage commitment and pride in the work they do on behalf of our clients.
We will endeavour to act at all times with honesty and integrity fully within statutory boundaries.
(Yes they are toe-caps)
Health and Safety General Policy:
It is the firm belief of Trace Basement Systems that it is a vital to control and monitor Health and Safety procedures in order to create an efficient and successful operation. In order to achieve this, we will follow current legislation so far as is reasonably practicable and in particular will:
• Ensure that plant and equipment is safe and without risks to health.
• Ensure that working practices are safe and without risks to health.
• Ensure that substances and materials are used, handled and stored without risks to health.
• Provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the safety of our employees and others who may be affected by our operations.
• Maintain equipment, transport and a place of work that is safe and without risks to health.
• Ensure that welfare facilities are suitable and sufficient for the place of work.
• Ensure that access and egress to and from the place of work is safe and without risks to health.
• Provide necessary information concerning the use of substances hazardous to health and provide any necessary control procedures to ensure the health and safety of our employees and of others who may be affected by our operations.
• Ensure the safety of persons other than our employees, who may be affected by our operations.
• Review and update our policies and procedures as and when necessary, taking into account changes to the Company, new legislation or work systems, and bring these changes to the notice of those who may be affected.
• Consult with our employees on matters concerning health and safety in the workplace.
RIDDOR: NIL since 2007.Accidents: Average 4 pa 2007/9, progressive 86% reduction from pre 2007.
Incident Rate: Down 80% from pre 2007.
Frequency Rate: Down 80% from pre 2007.
Health & Safety Training:
It is Trace’s policy to ensure that all Designers, Site Operations and applicable Management employees receive the appropriate Health & Safety training, including with examination and certification.
Management & Control:
Trace maintains control systems for:
• Certified training for the H&S requirements for Trace’s activities for all Designers, Site Operations and Operations Management.
• Training records by individual with matrix co-ordination to create team competencies.
Trace has established a list of training providers for:
• Renewal / refresher requirements.
• New employees.
• New / non-standard requirements, e.g. Confined Spaces, IPAF Mobile Access, etc.
• Asbestos Awareness.
• CDM for Designers and Operations.
• CSCS, including Approved Apprenticeship cards for Tradespersons and Visitor cards for Designers and Operations Management.
• First Aid At Work.
• Appointed Persons 1st Aid.
• Health & Safety.
• Manual Handling.
• Risk Assessment.
• Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
• Working at Heights.
New employee induction based on Trace’s Health & Safety Manual and ‘Health & Safety At Work’ Staff Handbook and encompassing:
Health & Safety: Trace make use of third party Health & Safety advisors offering training with or through:
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
NPORS and PASMA
Property Care Association (PCA)
Technical Colleges (COSHH)
Handling and Safe Use of Products & Processes:
Technical Colleges for theory and practical.
Manufacturers and Suppliers for specific products and processes.
If you have any further specific queries, please contact us.